Recipe for homemade candy canes.
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 C parsley, chopped
- 1 ts paprika
- 1 ts kosher salt
- 1/2 ts cayenne (or to taste)
- 1 lb canned crab (I used claw meat), picked over and shell remnants discarded
- 1 C + 1/4 C shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large saucepan, sauté garlic in olive oil until golden. Add green onions and immediately turn off the heat.
- Mix in cream cheese; stir until melted. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, parsley, paprika, salt, and cayenne. Stir until combined.
- Gently fold in crabmeat and 1 C cheese. Spoon into an oven-safe casserole or pie pan; top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until top is melted and dish is heated through. (It may puff up a bit around the edges.) Serve hot with crostini or pita chips.
Slice baguette thinly on an angle. Brush slices with olive oil and place in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Broil for 4-6 minutes until golden brown--cooking time may vary greatly, so make sure to stay close or you'll end up with carbon shingles.