* romaine lettuce
* red bell pepper
* kalamata olives
* artichoke hearts
* feta cheese
* lemon zest and juice
* balsamic vinegar
* olive oil
* Dijon mustard
* [Penzeys Greek seasoning](http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysgreekseas.html)
* 1/4 C corn starch
* 1 lb beef, sliced thinly
* 2 T oil
* 2 T ginger, grated
* 2 T garlic, minced
* 1/4 C tamari
* 1/4 C water
* 1/4 C brown sugar
* oil for frying
* 1/4 C San-J Szechuan sauce
* 1/4 C water
* 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
* 1-2 ribs celery, sliced
* 2-3 napa cabbage leaves, chopped into 1" squares
* 1/2 of a yellow onion, sliced
* 1 bunch of green onions, chopped into 1" long pieces
* 1 T salt
1. Toss gently together to coat beef and cornstarch.
2. Heat oil; add garlic and ginger and sauté until garlic is golden. Immediately add tamari, water, and brown sugar. Stir and bring to a brisk boil; reduce heat and simmer the brown sauce for a few minutes to thicken.
3. In a wok, heat an inch of oil. Fry beef in small batches until crisp and browned on the edges; add to a bowl containing Szechuan sauce to marinate once cooked.
4. Remove wok from heat and discard oil. Return the wok to heat and add 1/4 C of water to deglaze. Using a metal spoon, scrape up the fond from the bottom of the wok.
5. Add vegetables to the wok and cook until carrots begin to soften, 5-7 minutes.
6. Add back to the wok the beef, the Szechuan sauce marinade, and the brown sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Add salt to taste. If the sauce needs additional thickening, use a few teaspoons of a cornstarch and water slurry.
Recipe for homemade candy canes.
* 1 T olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
* 8 oz cream cheese
* 2 T lemon juice
* 2 T hot sauce (or to taste)
* 1 T Worcestershire sauce
* 1/4 C parsley, chopped
* 1 ts paprika
* 1 ts kosher salt
* 1/2 ts cayenne (or to taste)
* 1 lb canned crab (I used claw meat), picked over and shell remnants discarded
* 1 C + 1/4 C shredded cheddar _or_ Mexican cheese blend
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large saucepan, sauté garlic in olive oil until golden. Add green onions and immediately turn off the heat.
3. Mix in cream cheese; stir until melted. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, parsley, paprika, salt, and cayenne. Stir until combined.
4. Gently fold in crabmeat and 1 C cheese. Spoon into an oven-safe casserole or pie pan; top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until top is melted and dish is heated through. (It may puff up a bit around the edges.) Serve hot with crostini or pita chips.
* olive oil
Slice baguette thinly on an angle. Brush slices with olive oil and place in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Broil for 4-6 minutes until golden brown–cooking time may vary greatly, so make sure to stay close or you'll end up with carbon shingles.
: Authentic recipe for Greek lemon and rice soup.
[Chuckwagon diner outdoor camping recipes](http://www.chuckwagondiner.com/)
: Basic outdoor cooking methods and recipes.
[Food storage recipes](http://beprepared.com/recipes.asp_Q_ai_E_3_A_c2r_E_ln_A_name_E_Recipes)
: Cooking with basic storage preps, dehydrated ingredients, etc.
[Make your own Oreos](http://www.chocolatebytes.com/make-your-own-oreos/)
: Recipe for homemade Oreos. Make gluten-free by substituting appropriate flours.