- There are currently five tadpoles living in the kids' room. Tadpoles!
- With the help of Elie and Laura, we finished framing two walls of the shed. Progress!
- I have another two hundred lines of code to go in order to implement search functions for the campaign database and optional notification emails and the eventual mass emailing of sponsors and bloggers and handling blogs that drop out of the Blogathon. Code!
- Rebecca had uneven red-eye in a photo from last night and now Matthew has me in a state of constant worry over whether she has a blood clot in her eyeball that will lead to an aneurysm. Panic!
- I may eventually have time to design a site for myself. Possibly.
"Mama, what happened to the wheel?", Marcus asked.
"The wheel at the park. The park with the fire truck. The wheel is missing!"
"The wheel on the fire truck?"
"No, Mom, the wheel that you climb on and go around and around in circles and I fell off sometimes."
"Oh, that wheel. They replaced it with the plastic playground for babies."
"But… that's not fair. I liked the wheel. Why did they take the wheel away?"
"Because they probably thought it was too dangerous."
"But I only fell off sometimes! And it was fun!"
"Marcus, sometimes people are so scared of kids getting hurt that they take fun things away."
"Mom, can we build a park in our backyard with a wheel in it?"
This wouldn't be such a completely bizarre conversation if we hadn't visited the park in question yesterday, and he started up at the top of his lungs frantic about the absence of the merry-go-round today. I guess it took awhile to register.